Household Materials / Cleaning Products
Safely dealing with hazardous products can enable our health, families, economy, community and environment to thrive.
Just because a product says it will leave your home “clean” doesn’t mean that it is harmless. Many of our daily cleaners and other materials found in our homes are toxic and bad for us, our pets and our environment.
Here are some ways to clean up the cleaning products and materials in your home:
- DO NOT dispose of unused medications down the drain or toilet.
- When possible, use environmentally-safe cleaning products.
- Make your own cleaning products.
- Safely dispose of hazardous cleaners and other chemicals and materials.
- Keep hazardous materials stored properly and out of reach of kids and pets.