In this varied climate of ours, we can have 100 degree days in the summer and -10 degree days in the winter. In order to stay comfortable through it all, we rely heavily on our heating and air-conditioning systems in our homes.
Because of all this use, there are simple ways to save energy and money:
- Install a programmable thermostat.
- Clean the forced-air furnace and air conditioner filters regularly.
- Keep all vents and registers unobstructed.
- Consider an ENERGY STAR® certified appliance.
- Tune up your heating and cooling systems yearly.
- Seal your heating and cooling ducts.
When we take these extra steps to improve the efficiency of our heating and cooling systems, all areas thrive.