Look in to solar energy options.
The sun has been the main source of energy for thousands of years. Its energy will continue to be around for centuries to come. So why not harness this long-lasting, and free, source of power to provide energy to our homes.
With the amount of sunlight we receive in Utah, it makes sense to invest in solar powered energy options. This energy producing option can provide your home with electricity and hot water, with the potential to sell extra electricity back to the power companies.
- Park City Green.org has great information on installing a solar system in your home: Solar Electric, Park City Green.org.
Not only can you save energy with solar power systems, but you can save money through Utah solar power rebates, tax credits and incentives.
- Database of State Incentives for Renewables & Efficiency
- Utah Solar Incentive Program, Rocky Mountain Power
- Energy Incentives and Tax Credits, Utah Office of Energy Development
How to utilize solar power:
The U.S. Department of Energy has some great information on solar power systems and installation for your home: Small Solar Electric Systems, U.S. Department of Energy.
Utilize natural light whenever possible.
- This great natural light source can also be used in a passive way by opening up the windows and letting the light shine in. Whenever you can, keep your lights off and let the sunlight in. It will save you money in electricity bills and natural light just makes you feel better.