Smile, even when you don’t feel like it.
Of all the things we can do that can make us feel better, the easiest and one of the most effective ways is to simply smile.
Researchers have proven that smiling has a positive effect on both the mind and body.
- We are drawn to people who smile. So when we smile, we draw people towards us.
- Smiling helps calm us down which then has a positive effect on stress and pain.
- When one person smiles, others smile with them. When you smile and change your mood, it has a positive effect on others around you.
- Most importantly, smiling automatically lifts our mood. Just try and stay in a down mood when you smile.
- When you choose to smile, you are choosing to be in a better mental and physical state.
How to really smile:
Although we all know how to, how often do we actually smile? It is too easy to go for days and days without consciously smiling. Fortunately, smiling is pretty easy, just follow these steps:
- Smile every morning in the mirror at yourself.
- Think positive thoughts.
- Smile at people you interact with.
- Keep smiling until it becomes natural – fake it until you make it.
Throughout your day, think of something good in your life and take a moment and smile. Even if there is no one to see you smile, it is good practice.