We can’t live without it. Food is vital to our health and well-being. The quality and type of foods we buy and eat not only affect our own personal health, but the health of communities and the environment.
Here are some ideas and actions you can take to eat better and be healthier.
- Become a conscious eater.
- Properly prepare and store your food.
- Eat more whole foods and cut back on processed foods.
- Eat fresh produce for optimal benefits.
- Be aware of and choose proper portion sizes.
- Support your local farmers and buy locally-grown produce and products when possible.
- Grow your own food.
- Eat dinner as a family.
- Know what your children are being fed at school.
- The keys to making meaningful changes in our lives.