Our communities are the foundations of our county and of our great country. Strong, healthy communities are vital for our overall well-being as individuals as well as the long-term viability of where we live.
Here are some ways to make your community a better place to be and for all to flourish.
- Get to know your neighbors and your community.
- Recognize and honor that the values of others in the community may be different than yours.
- Offer a smile or a greeting to people you pass by and acknowledge those that are providing you with a service.
- VOTE and fully understand the issues you are voting on.
- Participate in community meetings and events.
- Support local organizations and non-profits.
- Care for the elderly in your community.
- Support local businesses and shop locally whenever possible.
- Remember that streets belong to people, not just cars.
- Pick up litter you see, even if it isn’t yours.
- The keys to making meaningful changes in our lives.